The sun has great healing qualities which heal all kinds of illness and deliver radiant health
We are always hearing a constant need to protect ourselves from the sun. With constant paranoid messages about it’s dangers we have shied away, into the shadows, covering ourselves with sunblocks that are laden with toxic chemicals and proven carcinogens.
We have become a generation deficient in Vitamin D which is pivotal for bone health, the immune system and its key role in fighting disease.
Now, here’s some good news! The sun has great healing qualities and has been used for centuries in many cultures to heal all kinds of illness and to deliver radiant health.
Here are 8 exciting benefits of moderate sun exposure
- Sunlight has a beneficial effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections of the skin.
- Sunlight builds our immune system. Our white blood cells, which increase with sun exposure, are called lymphocytes, these determine the specificity of the immune response to infectious microorganisms and other foreign substances.
- The sun’s rays significantly lowers blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
- Vitamin D from sunlight is an important factor in cancer prevention. It activates the immune system to work against rogue cells and has the ability to normalise and correct cancer cells.
- Sunlight helps lower cholesterol. The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones we need for reproduction.
- Sunlight significantly lowers blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
- Sunlight increases the oxygen content in human blood. It boosts the body’s capacity to deliver oxygen to the tissues which has similar effects to exercise.
- Exposure to sunlight boosts serotonin levels in the brain. Sunlight is the most abundant and easiest to absorb anti-depressant you will find!