Granola is so versatile, it can be used in smoothie bowls (as shown in the picture), in porridge, with fruit, or even on its own! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and incredibly delicious!
prep: 10 mins total: 1 hour serves: 5-10
- 1.5 cups gluten free rolled oats (look for uncontaminated gluten free oats)
1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Tropeaka Cacao
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 160*C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Add oats, buckwheat, puffed quinoa, almonds, shredded coconut, cacao, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil and stir using a spoon until all ingredients are well combined.
Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, mixing and turning the granola at the 30 minute mark.
- Allow granola to cool for 10 minutes before using clean hands or a spoon/fork to break the granola apart.
- Cool completely before storing into air-tight glass jars. (Makes approximately three 500mL jars worth of granola)