BLUEBERRY VANILLA PROTEIN LOAF
Sit back, relax, grab your favourite cup of tea, and dig into this protein-rich, yummy blueberry loaf that's gluten-free and vegan friendly!
time: 1 hour makes: 8-10 slices
- 1 1/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/3 cup Tropeaka Vanilla Lean Protein
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, coated in buckwheat flour
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, Vanilla Lean Protein, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, bananas, coconut yogurt, rice malt syrup, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Gently fold through the blueberries.
- Transfer into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from loaf pan and cool on a cooling rack before slicing.